Sunday, September 11, 2011

{ aggie ring day }

The Aggie Ring is the most visible symbol of the Aggie Network that connects Aggies around the world. Dating back over a hundred years, it is a tradition that is deep in symbolism. Every symbol represents values every Aggie should hold: Excellence, Integrity,Leadership, Loyalty, Respect and Selfless Service.
At Texas A&M University, acquiring enough credit hours to order one's Aggie Ring is one of the most treasured rites of passage during ones years in College Station -- Aggie Rings are worn for a lifetime by graduates of TAMU. I could share countless words regarding the special meaning behind the Aggie Ring, but instead I'll simply direct those interested in a more detailed explanation to the Texas A&M Association of Former Students.

A giant gaping whole in my cookie gallery has been staring me in the face ever since I started baking and decorating in earnest -- no Texas A&M cookies. Despite my love and passion for my beloved Aggieland, up here in New England, I've had no occasion requiring Aggie cookies (other than my sister's graduation, which I made down in Texas, but I digress).

So my maroon heart soared when I recently received a request to make cookies honoring and celebrating an Aggie who will be receiving her Ring this week. Whoop (that's Aggie speak for 'Hot damn')!



9 comments:

Rochelle said...

Howdy, I came across your blog today while on Pinterest and I have to say I ABSOLUTELY LOVE your Aggie themed cookies. I recently graduated in August, WHOOP! I look forward to reading your blog and I hope to start blogging soon on the blog I created but haven't touched. lol

Unknown said...

I also saw these on Pinterest and just had to say howdy! The detail on the Ring Crest is incredible. Too amazing to eat!

I'm class of '02. Can't wait to check out the rest of your blog!

Jessica10 said...

These cookies make my heart happy! Class of '10, Whoop!

XO, Katie said...

These are beautiful!
Katie
Class of '08 Whoop!

broy said...

How in the world did you do that incredible ring crest cookie? I paint ceramics with an Aggie theme, and I'm amazed at your skill. You gig 'em, girl!

Unknown said...

Howdy!! I am going to call you up and request some Aggie cookies for my Ring Day (which will be approximately 30 credit hours away!! lol) I love your blog and you are absolutely and incredibly talented! Class of '14!! A-A-A-A-A!!!

Thanks and Gig 'em!!

Livi Kost
bioenvironmental science
class of '14

Aggie Mom said...

How can a person order these from you? Have a daughter getting her ring the last weekend in March 2012.

Elizabeth @ Lone Stars And Stripes said...

Email me at alford95@hotmail.com

gig'em

Anonymous said...

Love your cookies! I have always wanted to learn to decorate. As my empty nest approaches and my chicks will all be six hours away in College Station (Class of 14' & 18') I will have time to learn. You do beautiful work, Whoop!

Amy