Monday, March 21, 2011

gray day, bright cookies

Spring teased us for a few days with blue skies and sunshine; today however, the clouds moved back in with a vengeance, complete with snow, cold, and a none-too-subtle reminder that winter is still ultimately in charge this far north.

So I decided to give the rotten weather the proverbial middle finger and bake the brightest cookies possible.

Aunt Beverly and Grandma (my sister [the good doctor] and my mom) are coming for a quick visit on Wednesday, and I wanted to make something sweet for those late night munchies or early morning nibbles. Aidan suggested fire truck cookies, but I was able to convince him that spring flowers were the way to go.

They're colorful. They're yummy. And they absolutely scream spring.

Take that, crappy weather.


12 comments:

Beverly said...

Those are BEAUTIFUL! Too pretty to eat. And well done on the photogging, btw.

So excited!

amanda @ fake ginger said...

I love them! So pretty!

Sarah Elizabeth said...

lovely icing job!

Bourbonnatrix said...

very pretty! can't wait for spring!

Anonymous said...

awesome photos!

Sre said...

its look stunning!

Carly said...

these a certainly a wonderful sight ona dreary day =)
beautiful colours, icing work and i bet some scrumptious cookies!

Jenné said...

Gorgeous cookies. They are perfect for a dreary day! I'm saving your photo in my "inspiration" folder.

Jenn said...

I love these cookies! So cute - they look perfect!

Lisa said...

Wow, those cookies look totally psychedelic. I love how you decorated them. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your cookies up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/03/sweets-for-saturday-10.html

Catalina said...

The flowers are beautiful! I definitely can feel the spring and summer athmosphere from them! The color are awesome, too :)

Erin said...

How totally cute and colorful are those?!?!? LOVE them!!!