- 27-ounce package of lobster ricotta ravioli (I use the Pasta Prima Gourmet from Sam's Club)
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6-8 basil leaves, chiffonade
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- Parmigiano Reggiano, to garnish
Gently boil ravioli (about 4 minutes).
In a medium pan, sauté onion and garlic in butter and olive oil until both begin to soften and turn translucent; add salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
Place cooked ravioli in large pasta bowl and spoon onion and garlic sauce over it; sprinkle with fresh basil and curls of Parmigiano Reggiano.