That's right! Mi amigo, El Pato, has returned. But this time, he's wearing a green can, as opposed to red. I feel like I've discovered a whole new world. I love the spicy kick these salsas add to so many different recipes.
Today's offering: Cilantro Chicken Sour Cream Enchiladas
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 cup sour cream (I used 1/2 a cup of low-fat and 1/2 a cup of fat-free)
- 2 (7 ounce) cans jalapeno salsa (El Pato!)
- 2 (7 ounce) cans prepared green chile salsa
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cooked (poached) and shredded
- 1 small yellow onion
- 12 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (I use a 2% milk, Mexican mix)
- sour cream, to garnish (optional)
- Sour Cream Mixture: In a blender or food processor, puree cilantro, sour cream, jalapeno salsa and green chile salsa. Set aside.
- Chicken Mixture: In a large bowl, combine shredded chicken, onion, 1 cup of cheese, and 1-2 cups of the sour cream mixture. Mix well.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Heat tortillas in conventional or microwave oven until soft. Pour enough of the sour cream mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish to coat the bottom. Place 2 heaping tablespoonfuls of the chicken mixture in each tortilla, roll up and place seam side down in the baking dish. Pour remaining sour cream mixture over all and top with remaining shredded cheese.
- Cover dish tightly with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 45 minutes, or until dish is heated through and bubbling.
Cilantro lime rice
- 3 cups of cooked, hot basmati/long-grain rice (I use Texmati)
- 1 large lime
- zest of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup of chopped, fresh cilantro
- 1-2 teaspoons of salt, to taste
- Fluff cooked rice with a fork
- Add lime juice, zest, cilantro, and salt.
- Stir well.