Tuesday, November 25, 2008

My cup runneth over

"Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over." -- Psalms 23:5

I am so very blessed. Sometimes, my heart is so full of gratitude at all I've been given, that it almost takes my breath away. And during this time of Thanksgiving, I'm especially grateful for all the gifts in my life.

Perfection, in any way, shape or form, isn't a part of the picture, but I don't think it's meant to be. When I was feeling particularly low a few weeks ago about an event that really sucker punched me in the gut, a good friend gave me some excellent advice -- think of something you can silently say to yourself each and every time you start to feel overwhelmed. The quote I've found myself now repeating over and over is, "The secret to having it all is believing that you do."

And I do. Truly.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Love you, friend. :)