Wednesday, May 20, 2009

chasing venus


I've been drinking a Sauvignon Blanc that I adore -- Chasing Venus. It's a New Zeland Marlbourgh with a ton of personality.

The sommelier at my local H.E.B. pointed me in this direction. I'm a huge fan of Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blancs, and he told me that this was from the same region, and even better. I tried it, and totally agree.

Some comments on Venus from ArtisanVinyards.com:

Nose of grass and passionfruit. Great acidity that carries the fruit well. Tangy and fresh with a mouthful of tart pink grapefruit. A wonderful experience and a great value. -KS, tasted October '08


This wine just keeps getting better. It is as unmistakably New Zealand as ever, but with much more poise and balance than ever before. Apricots, grapefruit, cut grass, and juniper berries. Grapey and gulpy. -BH, April 2009


If you enjoy a really crisp, fruity white, give it a try. It runs about $13.00 a bottle ... a great summer wine.

No comments: