This morning was such a morning for me. It was 4:15am, the windows were open, temps were in the 40s, and I could smell and taste a pumpkin latte.
Time to put my craving into action.
Starbuck's ain't got nothin' on a homemade pumpkin spice latte, made in the comfort of your jammies and in your own kitchen.
Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte
adapted from RecipeGirl
- 1/2 cup Half-and-Half
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened canned pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup hot brewed, strong coffee
- 2 tablespoons (or more!) heavy cream
- granulated sugar (I prefer demerera sugar), to taste
- whipped cream, optional
- ground nutmeg, optional
- ground cinnamon, optional
In a glass measuring cup, whisk together milk, pumpkin, brown sugar, spice and vanilla. Microwave for 1 to 2 minutes - watch closely and remove it from the microwave when the milk is hot and frothy.
Pour the pumpkin milk into a large coffee mug. Add hot coffee. Pour in heavy cream, as desired. Add a teaspoon of sugar. Stir, and taste. Add more sugar, if desired.