Saturday, October 24, 2009

rite of passage

Aidan attended his first Texas high school football game last night with two of his besties -- Ashlyn and Allison. The three of them have been together in the same class since they were about 6-weeks old. I call them the "Triple As."

Anyway, there's a ginormous hill at Tully Stadium (our local football stadium) that all the kids love to roll down (not much opportunity for that in Houston).

I remember doing it as a kid, so I got a huge kick out of watching my little guy do the same last night.


He wasn't much into the game, although he periodically would scream, "Go, Aggies!" I had to keep reminding him that we weren't at an A&M game, but at least he's remaining loyal to his roots.

High school football -- one of the million reasons why I love fall. So great.