Sunday, April 03, 2011

lighthouse cookies

My husband's unit is leaving for an extended (difficult) deployment in a few weeks, and I've been trying to come up with some Coast Guard-themed cookies to periodically send with him to work to share with his crew. Corny, I know. But who doesn't like a good cookie, especially after a long day of training?

So if you're a regular reader here in my little corner of the internet, look for more nautical/Coast Guard-themed cookies in the near future. To start things off, here's my first attempt at a lighthouse cookie.

Oh, and did you know when black gel coloring gets on your skin, it stains it purple? It's a royal mess. HA!

3 comments:

Beverly said...

Fun! Please send any extras to Kayla and I ... we'll eat them, post haste. Not kidding.

How about orange & white life preservers?

Anonymous said...

These are fabulous!!

KaHolly said...

They are looking really good! I just got a lighthouse cookie cutter in the mail and I was looking for different ideas! I'm sure these were greatly appreciated.