Saturday, January 14, 2012

{ bleeding margarita }

I literally have hundreds (thousands?) of "one day I'm going to make this" recipes pinned on my Pinterest boards, and I've actually tried many of them. As I've said before, Pinterest has become my first, and pretty much my only, go-to stop whenever I decide to cook something new, or make a grocery list, or search for some needed culinary inspiration.

Every once in a while I stumble across a recipe that simply can't wait for "some day" ... something so tempting and delectible that its status is immediately elevated to, "I have to make this tonight."

The blood orange margarita picture I found this morning was one such cocktail.

Let me say, unequivicoally, that it didn't disappoint. In fact, I can absolutely see myself obsessively buying blood oranges each time I go to the grocery store, just to ensure that I always have a stash of the gem-colored produce on hand for this drink -- it's that good.

Blood Orange Margarita
(inspired by how sweet it is)

makes one serving

1 1/2 ounces tequila (I used Cuervo Gold)
1 ounce orange liqueur (I used Grand Mariner)
1 ounce simple syrup
1 1/2 ounces fresh lime juice
1 1/2 ounces blood orange juice (about 1-2 oranges)
salt for the rim
lime/orange wedges for garnish

Rim the ridge of your glass with a lime wedge and dip in margarita salt.

Fill glass with crushed ice.

In a cocktail shaker, combine tequila, orange liqueur, simple syrup, blood orange juice and lime juice. Gve it a good shake.

Pour over ice and squeeze a bit of fresh lime juice on top. Garnish with lime and/or a blood orange slice.

Salud.

No comments: