It's delicious. Give it a shot.
Shrimp & Mushroom Rotini in Garlic Lemon Cream Sauce
(adapted from cooks.com)
- 1 lb pasta (I used rotini, but pick your favorite)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 pound cooked, peeled, deveined shrimp (frozen, dethawed under cold water works great)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup light cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp coursely ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (I use Parmigiano Reggiano)
- lemon slices, fresh basil leaves, to garnish (optional)
Boil water and add a generous amount of salt. Cook pasta according to directions. Set aside.
In a saucepan over medium heat heat, melt butter, add olve oil and cook the garlic for about one minute; add and lemon zest until very fragrant.
Add mushrooms and shrimp to garlic and lemon; if shrimp is raw, cook until pink.
Add cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cook to heat through. Reduce heat.
Add the Parmesan cheese and lemon juice. Adjust seasonings, as needed.
Spoon pasta into serving bowl and top with shrimp sauce. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese and garnish with lemon slices.