Tuesday, April 14, 2009

dude ... excellent


Suh-weet! One of my favorite former Idol contestants (who also happens to be a Fightin' Texas Aggie! Whoop!) has a record deal!

Jason Castro has signed with Atlantic Records.

I've missed dread-locked Jason and his laid-back, guitar-playing ways. When he made a brief appearance during one of Idol's audition shows earlier this season (as a show of support for his brother who was trying out), it hit me why he's so appealing -- despite his talent, he doesn't take himself too seriously, which is a rare thing in this day and age ... especially in the entertainment industry.

Plus, I just love his music. The folksy, Colbie Caillat/Jason Mraz-ish stuff that comes from Castro is soothing and makes me smile. I mean, come on -- who didn't love his rendition of Over the Rainbow?!

I'll be buying his CD (produced by Grammy-winner John Fields) when it comes out later this year. Can't wait!

No comments: