Wednesday, April 15, 2009

my faculty meeting ran late ...


... so I didn't get to join my dear friend, Missy, at the Tea Party in Downtown Houston. Dammit. And Dammit some more. I try not to get too political on my blog, but I obviously voice my feelings from time to time, because its important to me. Today is one of those days.

I support my President, and I respect the will of the people. It's called a democracy, and it's a beautiful thing. But I've been increasingly concerned with the trend of events recently, mainly and primarily events revolving around more and more big government.

I'm so, so proud of all the folks who DID make their voices heard today, despite the bashing from the "main stream" media. So, instead of making a long rambling post about why I felt so strongly and passionately about the Tea Parties today, I thought I'd post some of my favorite Tea Party quotes from my browsing around the 'net today ...

"Your fair share is NOT in my wallet."

"Spread my ambition, not my wealth."

...at the Greenville, S.C., Tea Party, "They will be selling the 'Obama burger' — you pay for one and they cut it in half and give the rest to the guy behind you for free!"

"Next time read the bill."

"Member of the the irrelevant, lunatic fringe!"

"Your only HOPE is that I'm paying your mortgage."

No comments: