Sunday, December 20, 2009

four alarm party

Aidan's fourth birthday is December 23rd. Because of his father's and my poor timing, the kid has been pretty much screwed out of a decent party on his actual birthday, due to the busy tme of year. So we're going to have to continue to get creative in the future.

We were very fortunate to find a cool locale this past weekend to celebrate his first "official" birthday party -- the Houston Fire Museum. Up 'til this point, I was able to get away with just a family celebration, but this year, he was on to me from the get go.

The museum was a fun spot for 15 rowdy three and four-year-olds to give off some steam in the middle of a busy holiday season. And I was able to sneak in a cooler/large thermos full of screw drivers to provide some holiday cheer for the adults that were also present.

Aidan's grandfather from Portland, OR also flew down for a few days just for the occasion, so it was a fun day.

How is it possible that my baby is almost four years-old? I didn't fully understand the meaning of the word "bittersweet" until I became a mother. Watching him grow up is exactly that -- bittersweet.







No comments: