I actually used frozen shrimp (defrosted by running under cold water in a colander for five minutes), which makes it that much easier. I keep a jumbo Sam’s/Costco bag of medium-sized cooked shrimp in the freezer, so it’s handy when I want to throw together a quick and yummy shrimp (usually pasta!) dinner. I also lightened things up in this dish even more by using Barilla Plus pasta.
This fast and easy recipe can be prepared and ready in 15 minutes.
Next time I think I’m going to add some lemon zest and lemon juice -- the added tang and freshness would be excellent with the shrimp and garlic.
- 2 cups of cooked shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1 lb. mushrooms, roughly chopped (ideally, Portobello, but just about any will do)
- 5 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (I use a good amount)
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 box/package of Barilla Plus Angel Hair Pasta
- 3 tbsp. parsley, finely chopped
- Shredded parmesan cheese, Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
Cook pasta in a large pot of salted boiling. Drain and dry well.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium saute pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until soft, about 1 minute. Add the sliced mushrooms, salt and pepper and sauté about 2 minutes. Add white wine and cook another 3 minutes. Turn down heat and add shrimp. Cover and steam at a simmer until shrimp is heated through (about 5 minutes).
Serve over capellini and top with shredded parmesan cheese.