Friday, February 26, 2010

germs and rodents

It's been a tough few weeks ... I've been pretty sick and just can't seem to shake it. After much denial and resistance on my part, I was finally ordered to bed this weekend by my doctor, complete with a round of antibiotics and a stern lecture by the nurse about getting enough rest.

This morning I obliged her and called in sick to work. I woke up, planning to fill Aidan with a warm breakfast before taking him in to school. During the flurry of our morning activities, I didn't yet have on my glasses or contacts, and I noticed that the dogs had left me a pile of leaves and junk on the carpet. As I bent down to pick it up, I quickly realized that the 'pile of leaves' was a dead rat, proudly deposited for me by one of my happy canines.

I don't know if I'll ever fully recover. I washed my hands for at least 5 minutes.

Ty will be home for Spring Break in 2 weeks. I CANNOT wait. I also don't think I'm going to let him leave.

No comments: