Monday, February 08, 2010

it's that time of year

My first box of Girl Scout cookies was delivered bright and early this morning to my desk, care of one of my lovely fifth grade students.

Thin mints, of course.

Every year I swear I'm going to refrain. But every year, I fail miserably. How can I turn down a classroom full of brightly-shining, sweet-faced Girl Scouts? Passing by their little tables outside the grocery store is one thing, but looking them in the eye and declining their request in person is just something I don't have the will power to do.
And as someone who endured the same rite of passage when I was their age, I'm never able to refuse.

And it has absolutely nothing to do with the chewy goodness of those Caramel Delites (they'll always be Samoas to me). Or the timeless taste of the Thin Mints.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have some incriminating little chocolate crumbs to wipe off my face before the first bell rings.

No comments: