Friday, August 06, 2010

cheese heaven

When I die, I'm quite certain that Someone will greet me at the Pearly Gates with a platter of delicious cheeses and a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc.

I adore cheese -- cheese of any kind. I'm not too picky, although the British girl in me often opts for "the stinkier, the better."

When I was in elementary school and learning about the treacherous voyage on the Mayflower, I have a distinct memory of reading about how the only thing the Pilgrims had to eat was cheese and bread. My thought/reaction, even as a young girl: "That's not so bad. I'd love that!"

Anyway, given the choice, I'd choose a good cheese tray and cocktail over just about any other food and beverage combination. So imagine my delight when I discovered that our new town, small as it may be, actually has a cheese shop! Yippee! C'est Cheese is a little wine and cheese establishment located in North Hampton, New Hampshire, and quietly doing what my own dream would be -- selling wines, cheeses and related goodies.

When my mom and sister were here staying with us last week, Mom (the good Brit that she is), stopped by C'est Cheese and picked up some munchies for us. We nibbled on Cranberry Stilton, Tintern, horseradish cheddar, Cahill's Irish Porter Cheddar (veined with Guinness and Irish porter!), and Fourme d'Ambert. Divine.

No comments: