The problem ... I ended up munching on it all day.
Breakfast? Why limit yourself?
Coconut Banana Bread with Lime Glaze
(adapted from OurBestBites)
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 4 large bananas)
- 1/4 cups sour cream or plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons apple juice (or milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut
- Topping: 3 tablespoons additional coconut
- Glaze: 1 cup powdered sugar whisked with 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until blended. Add eggs and beat until combined. Add banana, sour cream or yogurt, apple juice (or milk), and vanilla. Continue to beat until blended.
Add flour mixture and beat at low speed until just combined. Stir in 1/2 cup coconut.
Spray 9×5″ loaf pan with non-stick spray and pour in batter. Sprinkle additional 2 tablespoons of coconut on top.
Bake for about 1 hour, or until a knife or skewer inserted in center comes out clean. Check bread after about 40 minutes. If the top has browned and the coconut pieces are looking toasty, cover top of bread lightly with a piece of foil. Continue baking until done.
When done, remove pan from oven. Let cool on a cooling rack for about 10 minutes and then carefully remove from pan.
Whisk together powdered sugar and lime juice and then drizzle glaze over the top. Cool for another 15 minutes before slicing.