Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Meghan McCain -- YOU ROCK!


The McCain Blogette has become one of my favorite online stomping grounds. I've had it linked for several weeks, so if you haven't checked it out yet, I highly recommend it. It's a fun insight into life on the campain trail from the standpoint of an intelligent young American. And her taste in music is an added bonus! I love, love, love the blog.


But yesterday's entry left me compelled to post and link it. Here's an exerpt:
Of course I expected more than my fair share when I decided to put myself out there and write a blog on the campaign; however, I've been surprised by critical comments regarding my weight and body shape. It recently reached a ridiculous level when someone handed me a business card for a plastic surgeon and suggested I needed liposuction. I am proud of my curves and have always loved my fuller figure, as should every woman who is not a size "0".


What the hell are we doing as a society? Why do we continue to fall into a deeper pit of judging woman by the size of their skirts, and whether or not their bodies resemble pre-baby Nicole Ritchie? Not only that, but in some circles, it's now apparently ok to walk up to a total stranger and advise her on how to go about achieving this "perfection", even if it involves surgery. You have got to be kidding me.


I'm not saying that we shouldn't take care of ourselves and do our best to shine on the inside, as well as the outside. But when did we cross the line? When did we become so skewed?


It's disgusting, and it makes me sad.

1 comment:

Texas Boy said...

Meghan should not change a thing! Why mess with perfection? Her curves are amazing as is her delightful personality and gorgeous smile. Who ever said that bony equals sexy anyhow? Meghan is beautiful to the core, period!!!