Wednesday, May 07, 2008

my Stephenie Meyer journey continues...

Stephenie Meyer's first "adult" novel was released yesterday. My dear, crazy friend B actually took a half-day off of work to stand in line at a Barnes and Noble across town to buy us each a copy. AND ... with these particular books came an extra special prize ... wristbands allowing us admittance into a book discussion this Friday with Stephenie Meyer herself. Yippee!


So, in the mean time, I'm frantically trying to read The Host, the above-mentioned book, that I started yesterday. Unlike the first page of Twilight, which immediately grabbed hold of my entire being and sucked me in to to the entire series for a good week (hey, I had 3 books to read!), my initial reaction to The Host was not as positive. In fact, it actually sort of disturbed me. The book is a sci-fi thriller (totally not my usual cup of tea), and began with some very dramatic events. But I persevered.


I've now made it up to chapter 15, and I'm starting to get into the plot. I just knew in my heart of hearts that dear ol' Stephenie wouldn't let me down! I'm not saying that I love it yet, but it's getting pretty good. However ...


... I sure miss Edward and Bella.

I can't wait to hear about them this Friday! And I'm so looking forward to some girl-time with B as well! Oh, and on top of all the excitement, the Twilight movie trailer was released this week too! Holy crap! SENSORY OVERLOAD! How much Stephenie Meyer excitement can a girl take?! The movie looks awesome! Ty has already promised to take me for my birthday once it's released in December -- definitely something to look forward to during the long months ahead of us.

Gotta run. I have a ton of reading to do. ;)

No comments: