Tuesday, June 03, 2008

great road trips for Texas families


I stumbled across this link in this morning's Houston Chronicle, and fell instantly in nostalgic love with it.


It's no secret that I'm a Texan from the tips of my fingers to the corners of my soul -- it's so much a part of who I am. One of my favorite things to do is to get in the car and explore this great state. I haven't done it in a while ... life and motherhood has sort of gotten in the way.


I know gas prices are high, and there's always something to be done around the house. But I'm thinking a road trip somewhere in the Lone Star State this summer would do wonders in replenishing my spirit.


So, add it to my list of goals! A meaningful road trip, complete with small town stops along the way for fresh beef jerkey and cold beer!


Here are the places listed in the link above (minus all the gorgeous pictures!)
  1. Capitol building, Austin

  2. Austin Children's Museum

  3. Barton Springs Pool & Deep Eddy Pool (Austin)

  4. Enchanted Rock State Nature Area (between Fredericksburg and Llano)

  5. camping in Pedernales Falls State Park

  6. swimming in the Pedernales River

  7. Texas State Aquarium (Corpus Christi)

  8. Mustang Island State Park (Port Aransas)

  9. Bird Island Basin in Padre Island National Seashore (watch the windsurfers!)

  10. the beaches of Padre Island National Seashore

  11. USS Lexington (Corpus Christi)

  12. Schlitterbahn water park (New Braunfels)

  13. tubing on the Comal and Guadalupe rivers

  14. Snake Farm and Exotic Animal Park (New Braunfels)

  15. Natural Bridge Caverns (just south of New Braunfels on I-35)

  16. The Alamo (San Antonio)

  17. The River Walk (San Antonio)

  18. Six Flags Fiesta Texas (San Antonio)

  19. SeaWorld (San Antonio)

  20. Stockyards National Historic District (Fort Worth)

  21. Six Flags Over Texas (Arlington)

  22. Fort Worth Zoo

  23. Dallas World Aquarium and the Dallas Aquarium at Fair Park

  24. Uptown and West Village areas in Dallas (McKinney Avenue)

  25. Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth

No comments: