Wednesday, August 27, 2008

first week

Back to school -- three simple words that inspire so much pain in the lives of kids all over the world, yet so much happiness in the lives of their parents.

Teachers are stuck somewhere in between. :)

This was our first week back to school with our new students. So far, it appears that I lucked out -- I have a great class, and that's a huge chunk of what can make or break your year. Hopefully I'm not jinxing myself by saying (or typing) it "out loud."

Anyway, I thought I'd throw out some of the best things about the year so far, even though I'm only 3 days into it ...
  • I have a student in my class named Johnny Walker. Seriously. And he's adorable.
  • The new "coffee bar" in the lounge that the parents are putting together for us every day. Yeah the coffee is weak, and it's not that great, but still. It's the thought that counts.
  • My snazzy new ACTIVboard set up in my classroom, along with the document cam. I can't for the life of me figure out how to set it up, and there appears to be no one else around me who does either ... but we'll get there. And the potential is totally amazing.
  • The fact that I don't have to commute 2 hours every day (even though I'd do it again in a heartbeat if it meant having Ty home!). It's changed my life and is keeping sane, despite the fact that I actually seem to be going insane.
  • My girlfriends
  • The fact that I'm now productively "on the clock" / calendar

1 comment:

Amber said...

So glad to see it's off to a good start!