Sunday, January 24, 2010

costco -- my friend, my love

I joked with Ty before we got our orders that I didn't care where we ended up, as long as there was a Costco within reasonable driving distance. And I wasn't kidding. At all.

So Boston works out swell for me. Yeah the food is supposed to be delish, the weather beautiful, and the potential for adventure, great.

But, truth be told, one of the first things I Googled when we found out we'd be heading to Boston was Costco locations in the area. Thank you, military Gods -- there are indeed Costcos galore in Beantown.

Here's an example of a great Costco item purchased this afternoon -- a trio of finishing salt for only $23. Killer price. My three containers are 8.1 oz, 15 oz, and 11.75 oz. Dean and Deluca sells a 3.5 oz container of Cypress flake salt for $13.50.

Costco is the best. And it'll be nice to have a friendly face waiting for me in New England.

1 comment:

Beverly said...

You know that Kelly Clarkson song, "My Life Would Suck Without You?" Well my version is a tad altered ... my life sucks, b/c my boy's "technical" mother keeps talking about taking him away from me ... but I guess I'm glad she's excited :).

(there's a reason it's damn near impossible to see him right now. Too painful)