Friday, January 15, 2010

tea party

Sometimes you just need a good cup of hot tea.

The cold, rainy weather continues to creep into our bones down here in the Lone Star State. I don't mind it in the least; in fact, I love it. But cold and damp requires warm doses of goodness as well. I'm also fighting a fierce cold and cough, so my bones needed some soothing.

After work I made a quick pit-stop at H.E.B. for my favorite lavender Epsom salts and a big heaping portion of some roasted tomato soup. Yum. My mom suggested I also grab some good tea (which is exactly what you'd expect a lovely British mum to suggest).

I splurged and picked up some The Republic of Tea Raspberry Quince, and it's divine.
Quince is an ancient apple-like fruit, famous for its flowery perfume and vanilla-pineapple notes. Tart hibiscus and juicy raspberry flavors added to brew a sweet cup.
And for later this evening, I grabbed some "get some zzz's", also made by The Republic of Tea.
Say goodnight to tossing and turning. Brew a pot of our caffeine-free herbal blend and breathe a sigh of sweet relief as the bouquet of organic rooibos, soothing chamomile, passionflower and the mellowing properties of valerian gently lulls you toward blissful effects. Valerian won't interfere with REM sleep, so you won't have to contend with the morning "hangover" that often results from sleep-aids.
I'm looking forward to a long rainy, cold weekend with my tea, the fireplace, and I'm sure some serious Thomas the Train action.

1 comment:

Flo said...

The raspberry quince tea sounds ridiculously good, and I love that the tasting notes sound similar to wine tasting notes :) Enjoy your well deserved R&R!