Sunday, April 27, 2008

A good red wine


Through family suggestions, I recently discovered Malbec wines. Malbec is a red wine made with a white variety of grape, and it's a great wine if you're a usual fan of Merlots or Cabs. Argentina is known to produce the best Malbecs, and I've found a vinyard that's superb (and reasonably priced!), if you're up for trying a new red -- Pascual Toso, a winery founded in 1890. I bought my first bottle at Costco and have since purchased several more. Here are the tasting notes on the Malbec from the vinyard's website:


Deep red color with violet tints. Coffee, violets and blackberris are felt in the nose, which integrate with spices giving a medium-structure harmonic wine impression. Long and rich finish with touches of oak and vanilla. Recommended to match pasta and red meat with light sauces.


Just your friendly-neighborhood wine tip, du jour!


1 comment:

Becky said...

Oak and vanilla?! In a red wine? Yum yum yum! I am a fan of Pinot Noir, which I'm told is similar to Malbec. I must try this! Better yet, we must try it together, friend! :)